Background

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day 1... We made it!

So, this summer, Dillon was blessed with the chance to take part in an internship with the construction company of his dreams. They sent him to Ashton, ID, and he left yesterday. This summer I am going to be posting updates about me, him, Bourbon, and just us in general. Sometimes I can promise you the posts will be sad, but sometimes they will be happy too. This will just be a place for me to express my struggles and triumphs as we work on keeping our relationship alive and thriving from a distance. 

I had such a hard time yesterday! I told myself to hold in the tears until after he drove out of the parking lot of the restaurant we had our last (for awhile) date at. Baja Fresh. Romantic, eh? Nonetheless, I started balling halfway through lunch and couldn't stop for 3 more hours. 

I know that it may seem odd or over the top to some of you, but if you've ever loved someone so much that it's hard to say goodbye, you understand. Dillon is my very best friend, my lover, and the very best puppy daddy I could ask for. I miss him every second. Literally. I know it will get easier as the time goes by, and really, I get to see him in 3 weeks I'm hoping. But still, to go from spending everyday together to just hearing each other's voices is hard. 

My Dil is so sweet to me though. Before he left he told me "I love you, babe. I'm not going anywhere, I'm still right here." 

I love you too, Dilly Bar <3 Missing you everyday. 


1 comment:

  1. Awwww, Hayley!

    That's so sad, and so sweet... thank heavens there are things in this world worth waiting for. :)

    And love, that's definitely one of them.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete